Montana State Legislature
Proposed Legislation from the Children, Families, Health, & Human Services Interim Committee
The committee approved eight bills for introduction in the 2019 legislative session as a result of its work during the 2017-2018 interim. Committee-proposed legislation is listed below by topic area, followed by proposals submitted by the Department of Public Health and Human Services.
The LC number in parentheses behind the title of each bill is the official draft number assigned to the bill. It can be used for tracking the bill's progress throughout the legislative session.
HJR 24 Study: DD Services for Adults
- LCCF01: Use of Standardized Assessment Tools (LC402)
- LCCF2a: Inclusion of CPI Increase in the Executive Budget Proposal (LC 403)
- LCCF2b: Appropriate Funds for a Direct-Care Worker Wage Increase (LC 404)
- LCCF3a: Create a Grant Program for Community Services (LC 405)
- LCCF3b: Require Daily or Monthly Rates for Certain Services (LC 406)
- LCCF4b: Create a Crisis Response Program (LC 407)
- LCCF05: Require Review of Rules and Policies (LC 408)
- Staff Briefing Papers
The committee reviewed the following bill draft in June 2018 and approved it for introduction in the 2019 legislative session.
- LCCF10: Eliminating the HELP Act Oversight Committee (LC 35)
Agency Legislative Proposals
The committee reviewed five legislative proposals by the Department of Public Health and Human Services and authorized the early drafting and preintroduction of the measures.